Thursday 22 July 2004

My latest pet...

Two thousand francs bought me a tortoise today. Not bad I thought. I’m not sure what to call it as I don’t know how to tell if it’s a boy or a girl and I don’t want to create another pet with gender identity issues. Scamper is very intrigued. The tortoise is quite active, although that might be it trying to find it’s way back to the Lake that the poacher stole it from. He reliably assures me he can bag me a monkey too if I like. His sales pitch for the monkey wasn’t so good as he told me they are dangerous. I’m not sure how much a monkey would be. Anyway, no need for one as there's one living in the banana trees of the neighbour's property. He keeps popping into the house to steal things from the kitchen. One's more than enough. Sandra is already provoking my conscience to think about returning it to the lakeside where it probably came from...

No comments: